Saturday, April 13, 2013

To blog or not to blog. Nutrition, babies, men, Mexican, taxes.

I am sitting here in the living room while Cain stands over his top dresser drawer, which he has pulled out of his dresser and placed on the kitchen table, in search of his W2 form. It is April 13th. He is an organized and passionate man, as well as very serious about time-sensitive material. Yet, this year, with a baby on our hands, we have been less than organized. I have decided to start blogging. Not because I think what I have to say should have any weight in the world or that I am particularly interesting, but because I believe in blogging as a form of therapy. I am admittedly very concerned with the whole issue of privacy, but I think we can sensibly agree that in this world if someone wants to know more about you they will find it out one way or the other anyway. Cain has very interesting items in his dresser drawer... floss bands, catnip, a Van Halen CD, checkbooks, old credit cards, Chinese money, a library card, a sleep aid... he is announcing these findings to myself and our cats as he searches some more. Okay, so on with my therapy. 2 days ago was the last day of the Whole Life Challenge. I am very bad with figuring out what to do after the end of things like this. It was a terrific 8 weeks of weight loss and strength gains for me. It started off when I was 3 months post-partum and today Marilyn turned 5 months. I still have around 20 pounds to lose and plan to do this by eating strict paleo with a cheat day every few weeks or so. Hence this blog. I feel like I really need to be accountable to someone outside of myself. I think this is because I am completely happy with who I am and with my place in the world regardless of what the scale says or how heavy the barbell I pick up is. However, I want to live a very long and very healthy life and I think that the best way to do this is to stay light and fit. That said, and I know this sounds very vain, I believe that the greatest accessory is a hot body (well, second to a baby of course, which is the greatest accessory of all time, lol). I enjoy putting on clothes without worrying if I will feel comfortable when I sit down or bend over. I miss it! You see, I am rambling on now.... this is good! This is therapeutic! I feel sort of bad for you for reading this, but I promise this blog will offer up many goodies for your mind, heart, and body. I'm getting sleepy. Cain is still looking for his W2. I'm going to bed in a couple of minutes. I am fading fast. Okay yes, you guessed it, there is a confession in order. How did you know!? I did not eat paleo yesterday or today. I'm not ashamed or disapointed. I don't believe in regret. But I am frustrated with the realization that all of the work that I do in the next few days will only be to get me back to where I was physically a few days ago. I am FREE of weighing myself again until 6/20/13. When I do weigh myself again on 6/20/13 I want to be my pre-pregnancy weight again, but even more so I want my 1 rep ring-dip, 1 rep pull-up, 215 deadlift, and 155 back squat back. Those are not crazy goals. They aren't even big goals. I just want to be back at baseline. I may make a few more goals in the next week or two. This blog will track my journey. It will also contain seriously cute pictures of my baby girl and many other random entries. This blog is actually already boring me and I'm the writer. Oh well, like I said, you can be doing anything right now but you are reading this... Thanks... I'm falling asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment