Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The third trimester is finally here! (in 2 days...)

Today I realized, being only a couple of days away from the official start of the third trimester, that this baby will be here before we know it. Then I immediately realized that I don't know if I'm more excited to actually have her finally be brought into the world OR to simply not be pregnant anymore. Obviously I am most excited to have a new baby girl, but I am happy that just as soon as that happens I get to simply no longer be pregnant. I know that sounds really weird. Being pregnant this body belongs to two people, me AND my baby. Yes, I plan to breastfeed, which means my body will still partially belong to her, but I will just be me again, versus me and a baby. I have to say though, carrying a baby has been one of the most amazing experiences imaginable. It is true that it is indescribable, that it is just odd and exceptionally incredible in a million ways to have a human growing in my belly. I have been blessed to have had a wonderful pregnancy thus far, which of course sets me up to look forward to several more pregnancies in the future. But alas, in 12 weeks (OMG!) THIS chapter of 'the first' will be closed, motherhood will begin, life will never be the same again (OMG, but in a good way!), and I will get to just be me again (and be 'mom', OMG!).

No comments:

Post a Comment