Thursday, November 3, 2011

Banana protein cookies


These are *paleo* but feel free to change this recipe as you wish. I should not have baked. *Healthy* sweets are, well, delicious and irresistable. People at work think that because I don't eat bread I have very strong will power. They do not know me very well (even after all these years).
These cookies are inspired by the days about, oh, a good 7 years ago, when I would bake with protein powder. I remember I once had a pan to make mini donuts and I made some with protein powder, splenda (YUCK, use stevia), egg whites.... you might be right in thinking 'that is not a donut anymore', but alas a donut is simply anything with a hole... I am getting very off topic here.

Banana Protein Cookies
Recipe:
7 ripe or nearly over-ripe bananas
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup walnuts
2 scoops of hemp protein powder (raw food people made it)
stevia
a lot of pumpkins spice
3-4 tablespoons of coconut flakes
6-8 tablespoons of coconut flour
6 egg whites
salt (a little, use celtic sea salt)
baking soda (about 1/4 teaspoon)
1/2 cup alkaline-free cocoa powder
Smash up the bananas to make a paste, then mix in everything else. Have fun mixing...
Form into small cookie-size blobs on a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper and it worked out well) and cook at 400 degrees for about 9 minutes. I calculated that if you make 65 cookies each cookie has about 40 calories. Hence while posting tonight and cooking more veggies and meat I might have consumed about 10 of these little buggers. And now they are in the 'don't go in there...' drawer of the fridge for a few days.... I would share these with friends at the gym but they taste a little too healthy, with a little bit of an aftertaste from the stevia, which is unfortunate, so I will likely just bake again next weekend and share that creation instead... or maybe I'll take a chance and share... oh the joys of the Libra's ambivalence.



No comments:

Post a Comment